Credit & Collections Administrator - Grande Prairie
Northern Metalic Sales is a Canadian Independent Wholesale Industrial Distributor based in Grande Prairie, AB with operations across Alberta & BC.
Northern Metalic Sales is part of a larger, diverse group of companies with interests in wholesale distribution, oilfield service & supply, lubricants distribution, land and real estate development, rail construction & transload, vehicles rentals & leasing, and finance.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Credit & Collections Administrator.
Specific Responsibilities include:
As a Credit & Collections Administrator, you will be responsible for supporting the organization by improving cashflow and reducing risk on Accounts Receivable. Administrators in our credit department contact customers via telephone to update accounts, negotiate settlements of accounts and credit balances, process payments, answer consumer inquiries, and provide necessary account related information. Other duties include:
- Functions of the Credit Department include phone calls, emails and contacting customers regarding AR outstanding balances.
- Review credit applications for credit risk and make recommendations for approval based on the company’s credit scoring model.
- Follow credit policy and guidelines. Staying current on economic cycles as they relate to company’s AR risk.
- Stay up to date on legislation changes that relate to collection activities.
- Assist in monitoring 3rd Party accounts, monitoring for billing errors.
- Monitor and report aging receivables.
- Requests and pursues payment on delinquent accounts via communication with account holder.
- Follows established guidelines to review and update account status.
- Maintains log of payment promises and pertinent account details, schedules follow-up communication with account holder.
- Monitors accounts receivable and cash receipt reports.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 2 years credit and collections experience.
- Experience with entering 3rd Party Invoicing and experience with SAP, Coupa, Cortex and other 3rd Software or invoicing Portals.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with account holders in a courteous manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to receive feedback and adapt and learn.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial transactions.
- Work well independently or as part of a team to complete required deadlines as outlined by Credit Supervisor.
- Manage varying workloads throughout the day in a high-volume environment.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
"*" indicates required fields