Stock Clerk - Fort St. John
Northern Metalic Sales is a Canadian Independent Wholesale Industrial Distributor based in Grande Prairie, AB with operations across Alberta & BC.
Northern Metalic Sales is part of a larger, diverse group of companies with interests in wholesale distribution, oilfield service & supply, lubricants distribution, land and real estate development, rail construction & transload, vehicles rentals & leasing, and finance.
Our Hose & Rigging Shop currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Stock Clerk.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
As a Stock Clerk, your responsibilities are, but are not limited to:
- Unpack, assemble and stock received merchandise on sales floor and/or warehouse efficiently and accurately
- Work through overstock to ensure sales floor areas are full
- Approach customer(s) proactively on the sales floor and offer assistance in answering questions or locating appropriate products or services
- Fill and complete customer pick tickets
- Clean and maintain sales floor area, including but not limited to: shelves, floor and garbage
- Greet customer(s) entering or leaving the store to ensure they feel acknowledged and appreciated
- Assist customer(s) with loading and unloading products to vehicles
- Contribute to outside store area maintenance, including but not limited to: cutting grass, snow removal and sweeping
- Contribute to opening and closing activities for the store, when applicable
- Other responsibilities as authorized or requested by Sales and Service Manager
- Proactively increase awareness and knowledge of products and application through product knowledge meetings, peer mentorship and self motivated research
- Process various cash transactions (e.g. cash, debit, credit, etc.) accurately and efficiently
- Assist with overflow of customers from the cash counter, involving the appropriate people where necessary
- Assist with overflow of customers from the service counter, involving the appropriate people where necessary
- Must be physically capable of manual labour
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work
- Problem solving
- Forklift ticket is an asset but not a requirement
- Part-time to start with the opportunity to move to full-time.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fort St John, BC V1J 1A7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
"*" indicates required fields